If you are still wondering what exactly a landing page is, you must know that a smart change from direct linking to unique landing pages can improve a certain campaign that is not so successful at the moment to a strategy that constantly delivers significant earnings. This landing page can be very valuable in assisting you to accomplish a higher ROI (return on investment) for the items that are planned to be advertised.
In a few words, it is the online location where the guest enters upon following the links in ads or another type of marketing. It is the one important page on a website where the traffic is directed when users click on advertorials or hyperlinks pointing to that site. It has links that send to a selling page through affiliate URLs and it is different from a regular webpage in that it is more oriented towards promotional and merchant purposes. A landing page will give its owner the opportunity to pre-sell and to provide opinions of items that are advertised and to also give extremely useful details.
The information provided about the items is meant to help to respond to any questions customers might ask about products and services. This takes away many of the doubts they have and allow potential clients to collect all the data they need before acquiring the products so that they will make informed purchases.
Basically, there are two main categories of landing pages:
- Review type landing pages – They involve a landing page having product/service opinions, details about the market, item evaluations and direct links to the vendor websites. Review type pages are the more common and effective category of landing pages.
- Testimonial style landing pages – The pages contain a long material that concentrates on advertising one particular item from a first-person perspective. These web pages are just like those vendor pages used for selling products in online stores.
Today’s customers are wiser than ever before and go through a lot of analysis before making a purchase. If you can give them quality opinions and evaluations on your website, then you save them a precious time that would have been invested in product research and it is more likely that they will buy your products after studying a detailed landing page.
Creating a landing page must be the next phase to enhance a PPC strategy and efficiency and overall improvement of all selling percentages. Changing from direct linking to unique landing pages has proved to be a winning strategy for many marketers looking to develop a better promotional campaign.
When business owners have an item they want to advertise or an activity they are supporting, their web designer will usually suggest making a landing page. The purpose of such a page is just that: to focus on a single concept that has to be promoted through its online presence. It is very different from the rest of the pages that include a multitude of products or services offered by the organization.
There are a few misunderstandings about landing pages, such as:
- All details about the item must be included in order to avoid creating other pages
- It must be really strident with several effects and shiny colors to get everyone’s attention.
- It must list the entire history of the organization, all item specifications, and the costs.
A good landing page is expected to have just enough details to get the visitors interested in learning more about the respective product or service and either purchasing it or deciding to sign up for a particular occasion.
When the organization’s promotional team first chooses how to advertise a new item or event, they analyze the future content and structure of the landing page that will be created for it. What are the guidelines that have to be followed when the specialists are putting their ideas together to make this type of page?
- The details on this landing page must be brief and straight to the point.
- It must contain enough info to entice the visitors to follow extra links for more details about the products or services without informing everything.
- It must have symbols and menus that are very simple to get around and it has to present a clean, sharp look and satisfying user-experience.
- The terminology used in it must be clear and understandable, even for people who are not familiarized with the domain.
If it is exciting enough, it can bring several prospective new customers to the homepage. Some elements will help to create a more interesting landing page:
- A “call to action” showing there is a restricted period of time to sign up for the specific occasion or to buy the new item at a unique “special” price that is noticeable in several areas.
- The page has to be dedicated to the targeted item or event.
- The terminology must be short and well structured, with bulleted paragraphs where is possible.
- Images focusing on the item, or a brochure of the respective event, are excellent elements that can help a lot to improve the appearance and interest produced by the landing page.
For promotion specialists who still do not use a landing page even to this day, they will learn that this is an excellent advertising method that, when performed effectively, can outreach a whole new segment of prospective customers.
A great landing page created to bring leads has to be made properly and considerately. Even the easiest techniques can make a significant distinction for a truly efficient landing page. Next are some of the actions that can help anyone to put together the best landing page for the necessities of lead capturing.
1. Define a specific target market and the strategy goals
The problem that has to be defined before starting the campaign is for who has created the entire promotion and what are the major objectives of the strategy. You can focus the marketing plan on your current clients, to potential ones or on the leads listed in your subscriber lists or CRM recording. If the current clients are your focus on, then reengaging with fresh and interesting material must be your priority. For prospective clients, the objective should be to engage and get them with material promotion, while the objective for this segment of people should be represented by the development of the relationship between the company and its future customers. Essentially, the audience on which the campaign is focused on will define the strategy and its objective.
2. Create a Proper Headline
A great element that can help a lot any landing page is to make sure that the title chosen continues to be relevant to the advertisement that is in the page. Inadequate coordination between the material and the message can be expensive and can deprive you of some very useful leads. The concept has to be treated with attention and looked at it from the position of the individuals the company is focusing on, just to notice what kind of effect it could have on them and if there is a clear interaction with them.
3. Create a Powerful, Illustrative and Brief Introduction Paragraph
Your objective should be to get individuals to understand what you are giving them. The passage should emphasize what is involved in the material to provide your guests with a short preview of what to anticipate. You can write summary sentences if necessary for enhanced quality because these visual elements are easier to check out. They are also brief and straight forward, so you do not have to write a lot to deliver your message to the targeted audience. Landing pages need some work to be effective, but they gradually pay off.
4. Offer Rewards that are Important to People
The key is to find the appropriate compensation for clients in return for their information provided to you. It essentially implies that you have to make sure that you offer them a reason good enough to subscribe or send their personal information. People like to be given rewards and, because of this, free offers can work great for lead capture initiatives. You then reward them with relevant things to them, such as useful newsletters, podcasts, courses, eBooks, webinars, consultations or demonstrations among others. The team responsible for this can help you know how to compensate them in order to capture leads.
5. Set up all Necessary Trust Elements
Spam concept is terrifying and you need to ensure that you will earn the trust of the guests enough to persuade them to be a part of the list. To obtain their trust, you could integrate a few components on your website like registrant count, download count, recommendations, sharing amount, security elements, material previews or anti-spam claims among other important things. The more trust is earned, the more useful the lead capture initiatives will be.